Friday, October 30, 2015

What’s in a name? 

            Johnny Cash had a huge hit record called a Boy named Sue, in which he lamented the problems of a name like that. Well, I’m here to tell you life ain’t easy for a boy named Lou either. For one thing you start out with the dreadful name of Louis, which is what every relative you’ve ever known will call you for the rest or your life. Once you start school the kids will call you Louie, which is okay for a little kid, but no one will ever take a Louie seriously. My middle initial is E. and with every substitute teacher I could just plan on winding up in the principal’s office because she would invariably run Louis and te E together and make it Louise. Then just like with Johnny Cash’s song the fight would start when someone laughed.
Eventually you survive your school years and start work only to find that Louie is not well received very seriously in business meetings or boardrooms, so you have to reinvent yourself all over again and that’s how you become a Lou. In the span of my life I have also been called Lucifer, Loopie Loo, Lucy, Loubee, Luthor, Lois, Loo (referring to an English rest room), Lu Lu and Loose Change all of which I bore with a smile because if they didn’t like me they wouldn’t abuse me. For the record no one takes a Lou very seriously either – I don’t.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley…..Now Driftin’
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw



No comments:

Post a Comment