Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wyoming and Nebraska:
            It was in Cody where an old Shoshone Indian and I shared a bench and started slinging the bull. He told me he was a chief, and I told him that I was the President. He said, “Pleased to meet you Mr. Obama.” We accepted each other’s BS and went on. He told me a story that I’ve often repeated and will again: It seems that he grew up on a reservation which the Shoshone shared with the Cheyenne. The Cheyenne claimed that the Shoshone blood lines were too diluted and shouldn’t be allowed on the reservation. The Shoshone countered with “The Cheyenne women are so ugly that even white men don’t want them”
            From there we went through the “Hole in the Wall” country, which was about 80 miles of blacktop and rocks and bluffs and blacktop and sagebrush and heat. I never did see the hole, although there were plenty of holes… mostly in the blacktop.
            Nebraska is like Kansas only longer. It started raining at North Platt and rained the rest of the way home. Actually, the same thing happens every time we go through Kansas. Do you think they would pay us to drive through those states during a drought?






Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment