Monday, September 22, 2014

Road Trip, Stage 2
A right turn:
            We made our right turn and headed through the middle of Los Angeles. Avon had her rosary in her hands, and I had my white knuckles wrapped around the wheel. I’ll never complain about traffic again. Of course, I said the same thing after London, Paris, and Chicago. There were several times that Avon was on the verge of getting out and calling a taxi, until I reminded her that I was a taxi driver when I was in college. I guess she figured “Better the lunatic you know than the one you don’t know.” – she stayed in the car.
            We stopped that night in the little village of Morro Bay on California highway 1/US 101. That road hugs the coast, with a few exceptions, all the way to Canada. When I say, “hug” I mean it is within sight of rocks, sand, cliffs, and the Pacific Ocean for hundreds of miles. I can only do one thing at a time, so Avon was in charge of reading the signs. She worked out a shorthand language to let me know what the road was going to do. She’d say things like, “Left 20 with a wiggle.” Which meant, a left turn, at 20 mph, with several curves to follow. It worked perfectly; we didn’t run off any 500-foot cliff that I know of.

            I should have had a boatload of pictures, but when I went to download them I realized that I had about 70 fewer than I should have. As I would snap a shot, my thumb would hit the erase button and I would…uh…enough said. I figured it out and taped my thumb to my elbow. It was a little uncomfortable, but I didn’t lose any more pictures.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment