Monday, September 29, 2014

Idaho and Wyoming:
            There is no question that Idaho is a beautiful state. There is a legend that says, “If you come to Idaho 3 times you will stay there” – we’ve been there twice. All the way home, Avon kept suggesting that I take my kayak back out to Idaho for some fun on the Snake and Salmon Rivers. She never used the word “we” in any of those comments. Hmm?
            Coming out of Idaho, we ran smack into the Wyoming, and since we were only about a hundred miles from Jackson, we just had to run up there and see if Yellowstone and the Tetons were still there… they were and they were still beautiful. I would have to rank Grand Teton National Park as one of my top 5 favorite places. It was between the north gate of Yellowstone and Cody, WO where we encountered the subject of my buffalo in a blizzard  painting, “Montana Morning”. Well, it’s just a stone’s throw from Montana. That big bull was just strolling down the road like he owned the whole northwest corner of Wyoming.
            Of course, I stopped and had the good sense to grab a camera… he just kept coming and coming and coming. He looked big enough to toss that little Honda off the road. As he got within a foot of the side mirror, I said something like, “Hi there, you from around here?” He said something like, “Snorff!!” I took that as a no. He just walked on, and I didn’t take that as unfriendly because I wasn’t really wanting to make a new friend right then.






My next book is at the halfway point.... hopefully, it will be fast and furious from here on.  

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain  
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment