Friday, September 26, 2014

Road Trip: Stage 6
Making the turn:
            The next evening was spent on the down hill side of Portland – heading east. Again, I swore never to complain about traffic again. Oregon is a beautiful state all the way across, from the coast over the Cascades and through the Blues. Although, the state is not without a few problems. The front of Avon’s car was somewhat discolored with bugs. In fact, I’m considering sending Oregon a bill for completely exterminating the I-84 corridor. There can’t be a bug left in that area. Avon asked me if I thought the car would ever come clean. I told her that we would be better off having it repainted a bug color.
            Another Oregon problem is their spacing of rest areas. They have few rest areas and it is very far in between them. To compensate they have quite a few parking areas. These are nothing more than a strip of asphalt, a few trash cans, and a path leading back into the bushes. After a grueling stretch, when my eyes were glazing over and every joint and muscle was stiff and aching, we came upon a parking area sign. Avon asked me if I wanted to park. I turned, winked, and told her that I thought we might get a motel instead. Once again, my humor was totally lost on her.






To all my readers, A great big  THANKS for making an old man's dreams come true.

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment