Thursday, September 4, 2014

Generation gap-gap-gap:
            A few years ago, the grandsons and I were out at the workbench, starting on some project or other, when I notice that my pencil had a broken point. I took a utility knife and deftly sharpened it, not giving it a second thought. When it was serviceable again, I looked at the guys, and they were just staring at me. “What did you do?” the older one asked. They had never seen a pencil sharpened that way. I asked how they got their pencils sharpened in school. They said they just went to the pencil sharpener and stuck it in and BZZZT.
            I told them how it was when I was in school. For one thing, not every room had a pencil sharpener, and if they did, you had to get permission to use it. Or you were expected to get all your pencils sharpened before class. Some teachers wouldn’t let you sharpen during class, especially if it was during a test. I also told them that we’d sharpen with a pocketknife, fingernails, or teeth if you had any in the front. I’m sure that they thought I was making stuff up again, or that my classes were held in caves and taught by Neanderthals. Actually, the Neanderthals always sat in the back row.





Good news... My latest book, Cain has been sitting at or near #1 on Amazon's Western list for several days.


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment