Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Road Trip: Stage 3
A stopping point:
            As we drove on northward, we went through such places as Cambria, San Simeon, Ragged Point, and Big Sur. It was one picture book page after another – a surfer’s paradise followed by a surfer’s paradise. They say (whoever “they” are) that there are still hippie communes up in those hills that don’t know that the Viet Nam war is over or that we have a black president – for now.  When we reached Monterey, we stopped for a while.
            One reason we stopped was for a rest, another reason was we’ve always liked the area, but the real reason was we wanted to play some golf. We knew it would take several days to get a tee time. While we waited, we just moseyed around in Carmel and Monterey.

At the Monterey Fisherman’s Warf, a rather attractive young woman wearing a Green Peace tee shirt and carrying a clipboard was making her way through the crowd and heading right for me. I was flattered until I heard her say, “Mister, I want YOU to save the world.” I told her, “Lady, I saved 10 bucks last night because I admitted to the motel clerk that I was a senior. That’s the best I can do; the rest of the world is yours to save.” As we walked away, I looked back and saw her lips moving, but she wasn’t saying anything.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment