Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Oldies but Goodies?
Listening to an oldies station on satellite radio the other morning, I heard one of those 50s tunes that I’d forgotten through the years. It was called “The Terror of Highway 101”. It was about a motorcycle rider of that era… a wild and free spirit, roaring up and down one of the most beautiful highways in the world. It starts out…”He wore black denim trousers and motorcycle boots.” Hold everything! I had a lot of friends in that era who did their traveling on 2 wheels, and a few were as wild as any wild bunch, but none of them wore “trousers”. They wore pants, jeans, Levis, or Wranglers, but “trousers” no way. I didn’t even wear “trousers”, and I was that 97 lb weakling who Charles Atlas kicked sand on. There may have been a few guys in the library club who wore “trousers”, but they were the only ones.
The only thing I can conclude from all this was we were so desperate for the Rock and Roll music that we paid no attention to what was being sung. In other words we were so busy listening to it that we really never heard it…. You work that out. I just say it; I’m not expected to understand it.  


Please note the use of a semi-colon in the last sentence… Until just recently, I thought a semi-colon was a small part of the large intestine.






Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment