Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Onrushing technology:
            As I sat transferring photos from camera to computer, after having downloaded tunes to my iPod over the weekend, I thought I was pretty hot stuff. I really knew that I was just another dinosaur with a keyboard. It dawned on me how far we have come in my lifetime.
1) The ballpoint pen wasn’t invented until ’38 (3 years before I was invented), and it didn’t become popular until the mid ‘50s when Paper Mate put one in everybody’s hands. 2) Unmanned jet planes weren’t used until WW II, and it was several years later before they had pilots.
3) My first job dealt computers that took up as much space as a volleyball court and didn’t have near the capability of a Smart Phone.
4) A decent music collection would fill a closet, but now it won’t even fill the hand of a 3 year old.


I seem to be about 5 years behind in devices, which puts me about a century behind in their potential. Sometimes I feel utterly Stone Age.






Just a couple more weeks!


 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing – Coming soon – Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment