Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Humor:

            I’m going to take a little time analyzing humor. We all like it and need it in our lives; even those grumpy and crabby souls enjoy a chuckle now and then. It makes us happy and they say it will add years to our lives. Humor can be achieved in many ways, sometimes a little irony, a surprising twist to a story, or even the lowly pun or play on words can cause a face to break upwards and an involuntary diaphragm contraction. But, by far the greatest percentage of humor is produced by the misfortunes of others. A pie in the face, a splash in the mud or someone being made to look like a fool. Walt Disney movies all have a disastrous incident where a house is wrecked by a bunch of romping dogs, or a grocery store is destroyed by a mule or sea lion. TV has created a whole venue to allow us to laugh at the discomfort of others called a sitcom. I’m not condemning laughing at someone else’s trouble or foolishness, I just wonder why it works that way. I figure that I have to laugh at something every day, so if by 9:30 in the evening I haven’t had a good giggle, I’ve got a great big old ostrich feather to tickle myself to sleep.





A  huge THANK YOU to all who read my books. November 2015 has been the best month ever for me. Not only were there more books sold in November, by far, but the number of pages read through Amazon subscription services topped the 1,000,000 page mark. Totally Unbelievable! This is certainly a red letter day.



 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley…..Now Driftin’
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment