Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Way back in the woods:
          As I was paddling upstream on a hot and muggy day last summer, I decided to go around the back side of one of the many small islands in the river. In normal times the water is too shallow to get behind some of those islands, but the water was pretty high. Plodding along I came to a small branch that I had never noticed before. It was heading off to the east and looked kind of interesting, so I took a chance. The stream was a virtual tunnel of overhanging trees, and the farther I went the darker it got. I was so intent on fighting the current that I didn’t noticed that there was not a sound to be heard. The ever present cicadas weren’t even singing. Actually, it was getting rather spooky. What little sunlight that filtered through the canopy had turned to no more that a green glow. As I often do, when I want to stop, I grabbed a low hanging tree branch. Then I heard it, way off in the woods, Dueling Banjos or the Theme from Deliverance. I grabbed a westbound current and slid out of there backwards. One wouldn’t think a kayak could go that fast in reverse.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’….Now available JL Tate Texas Ranger
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw




No comments:

Post a Comment