Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Missing Link:
I hate loose ends. In my books, I always like to tie them up in a nice bow, so that nothing happens without some sort of explanation. Apparently, the Ad Company for the well known British off road vehicle Land Rover doesn’t think it’s all that important.

In their latest ad, they show a lovely young lady stranded with her dog sled by melting ice somewhere in the arctic. Along comes a handsome devil in a Land Rove. He packs all the dogs and the stranded miss into his SUV and drives them safely across. But there is no sled anywhere until the last scene, when she cracks her whip and takes off with her team pulling the sled. He didn’t tow it, nor was it strapped on the top, so it must have flown across. If the sled could fly, then what was the need for a Land Rover? 






Creating a Cover:
          Most covers are photos, but I like to paint my own. The Kindle format calls for a 2x3 ratio. So I work with an 8x12 inch masonite board. Working small like that, I don’t mix up much paint as you can see on the poster board pieces I use as a pallet. When I’m through, I just throw them away. I work with acrylics because it’s quick drying. When it’s done, I’ll scan it and add the lettering from the editing tools on my computer.
          This is the base image for the next book, which should be out in little over a week. Oh… those brushes are very small. One is a #2 Filbert and the other is a #2 round. 



Coming soon ... JL Tate...Texas Ranger



Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley…..Now Driftin’
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment