Friday, December 18, 2015

Pergolas:
          Through the years and the ravages of Mother Nature, we have lost 2 large trees that shaded our deck. Needless to say, the sun in this part of the country can be and is summertime monster. Our deck became a place you didn’t want to spend much time. We looked at many solutions to the problem from awnings to moving to Idaho, but none gave us what we wanted. Avon found a thing called a pergola, which would give us the shade from mid-morning through late afternoon – perfect. And… the local Lowe’s store had (1) in stock, so off I went.
          When I got the 900 pound, 8 foot long carton home I read the directions, and they said I could be in the shade within 30 minutes – my heart was all aflutter. The pergola claimed to be 10 foot square, which was perfect because our deck is 10’ x 40’. Unfortunately, what the description didn’t say was that the pergola shades a 10’ square, but the actual footprint is 11 ½’ square. So, after deck modifications, rail notchings, and some highly acrobatic and risky balancing feats we sat under our pergola in total comfort. That 30 minute set up only took a little less than 9 hours.  







Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’….Now available JL Tate Texas Ranger
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

4 comments:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    פרגולות

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ned. I had a lot of fun with this blog, and I appreciate hearing from readers. But I am a full time writer of western novels... at 76 years old, and something had to give. We sold our home of 38 years and the pergola went with it, but we sure enjoyed sitting in the shade. Thanks for your comment... Lou

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sunny, I love foolishness and nonsense. It drives my wife crazy, but she laughs a lot. If there were no smiles and chuckles... the world would be a pretty gloomy place.... Lou

      Delete
  2. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing.
    Aluminum pergolas

    ReplyDelete