Monday, May 4, 2015

He started it:
            I like to take my kayak down to the Riverside Park because there’s generally enough people around that at least one of them knows to call 911 in case of mishap. Yesterday I was there with my little boat in tow and ready for a workout. When I got there, I found a group of older men gathered around a young fella standing on a picnic table.
            He looked like a mishap waiting to happen in his $30 dollar suit that was at least 3 sizes too large for him. I suppose he figured to grow into it. There he stood spouting things that left me completely confused, but there was a bunch of other old geezers listening with rapped attention. Being a geezer myself, I know that old men will stand and listen to almost anything whether they understand it or not. That’s just something we do. So I asked geezer next to me what it was all about and he told me, “Entomology”. The guy next to him said, “What?” A couple others chimed in with what they were getting from it, and no 2 opinions were the same.
            Soon, we were getting more attention than the fella on the picnic table. So he singled me out, and yelled over the babble, “What is your PROBLEM, Mister?” I yelled back, “Buttons! They’re making them bigger and button holes smaller!” … Another one called out, “Gas!” …. And still another yelled, “Sagging libido!” Soon the whole crowd was engaged and problems were coming from all directions. He just sort of shriveled down into that suit and disappeared. It was just as well, since we had our own discussions going on.

            I told my co-conspirator next to me, “My work here is done.” as I started dragging my kayak off toward the Finley River and a good soaking.      




 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Coming Soon….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment