Thursday, May 14, 2015


 A Native American Legend:
            Once on a trip out west, I was able to shake loose from Avon and just spend some time doing what I like to do – people watch. So I sat on a bench and watched a little cowboy town mosey by. I was soon joined by a wizened old Indian. He was just looking for anybody to talk to and I was it. He started by telling me the story of his great grandfather, Short Bird Walking (SBW). According to my companion SBW was about 4ft. 10 inches tall and couldn’t catch wild horses, so he generally walked everywhere.
            The chief had put his daughter up as prize for a special contest. The brave who could cross the desert and bring back a rock from the top of the shining mountain would win her hand. The problem was that there was no water on the trip either going or coming and none at the shining mountain, so the braves had to take enough water for an eighty mile trip for both the brave and his horse. So on his second day out SBW started to see horses dragging the tails back to the village followed by braves dragging their tails. One step at a time the little fella kept going-going-going. A week later he walked into the village, handed the chief the special stone, and waited to claim his prize. The chief asked him, “How was a little runt like you able to do this thing when all of our finest warriors couldn’t?” Short Bird Walking replied, “Because I’m the little Injun that could.”






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing Rubio   And now….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment