Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Way back in the woods:

            As I was paddling upstream a few weeks back I decided to go around the back side of one of the many small islands in the river. In normal times the water is too shallow to get behind some of those islands, but the water was pretty high. Plodding along I came to a small branch that I had never noticed before. It was heading off to the east and looked kind of interesting, so I took a chance. The stream was a virtual tunnel of overhanging trees, and the farther I went the darker it got. I was so intent on fighting the current that I didn’t noticed that there was not a sound to be heard. The ever present cicadas weren’t even singing. Actually, it was getting rather spooky. What little sunlight that filtered through the canopy had turned to no more that a green glow. As I often do, when I want to stop, I grabbed a branch. Then I heard it, way off in the woods, Dueling Banjos or the Theme from Deliverance. I grabbed a westbound current and slid out of there backwards. One wouldn’t think a kayak could go that fast in reverse.




A Serious Thought

To all my Daily Dose of Nonsense Friends:
It was brought to my attention that there is at least one web site offering my books free. I have no idea how they can benefit from that, other than planting tracking cookies or malware in your computers. That’s just a guess. That’s one of the reasons I keep my prices low so that Pirates would be less likely to mess with them. I have an agreement with Amazon, and Amazon is the only outlet for my books.
Please protect your computers… Know what you are downloading.
Lou


 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment