Thursday, October 30, 2014

Things that go together:

            According to an old Frank Sinatra song “Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage”. Another pairing that goes together is blackberries and chiggers. We all know what blackberries are. They’re about the size of the end of your thumb, black, bumpy, juicy, and come in a carton for about $8 a quart. Mine don’t come in cartons they come on vines called canes. They don’t cost me anything, and they have the added benefit of coming with chiggers. All of my Midwestern and Southern friends are familiar with chiggers, but I’m afraid my northern and west coast friends may never have experienced them. A chigger is a tiny bug; actually it’s a mite, almost invisible with the naked eye and harmless. The chigger babies (larva) are the true villains. These creatures were not made in Heaven. Although microscopic in size, they must have a three inch proboscis which is filled with about twenty gallons of itch. When I say itch I really mean ITCH! It is inconceivable to me how anything so small can produce such an itch – but they do, and they live in blackberry patches. So the next time you pay $8.00 for a quart of blackberries, consider it money well spent.





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment