Monday, October 27, 2014

 It’s That Time Of Year:
            Yesterday the wind was blowing and leaves were flying in all directions, so I decided it was a necessary trip to the roof for a good gutter cleaning. I needed to get some sticks and branches off the roof anyway. We have over 40 mature oak trees on the place, and most of them are bunched around the house. That number doesn’t even begin to cover the other trees like maple, hickory, ash, elm, and walnut… well you get the idea… we got leaves.
The whole time I was up there with a leaf blower making those gutters usable again for what they were intended. I noted that the lovely Avon was not out there supervising, which is her usual job when I’m doing some type of maintenance. So when the gutters were clean and the only leaves on the roof were those that had fallen since I had started for the ladder, I climbed down.

When I reached the deck, she was waiting for me, and I asked her why she hadn’t been supervising. She said, “I thought it best to be inside ready to call 911 than be out here trying to catch you when you fell.” If nothing else, the woman shows good logic.





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment