Thursday, October 2, 2014

Things that make me smile:
Train whistles at night. When I was young we lived near the B&O tracks and there were still a lot of passenger trains at that time. Although they were all diesel at that time the passenger trains had a different sound; more like a harmonic musical note as compared to the blare of a freight horn. When I would hear those passenger trains at night I would wonder where those people were going and who they were and what their lives were all about. Now the only trains I hear at night are all far away freight trains.

Sometimes very early in the mornings, I can still hear a train calling out in the darkness. The nearest track is at least 8 miles away, but the sound will carry that far. I try to get nostalgic and wonder about where that freight is going, but it’s not the same. A tanker full of chemicals or a gondola loaded with coal just lacks the romance of a dining car full of people. But then again, there could be some romance going on in those cattle cars… please don’t send pictures.




I will be off line for the next 4 days... See you on Tuesday Oct 7.


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts


No comments:

Post a Comment