Thursday, October 23, 2014

It’s a fact:

            It’s a commonly accepted scientific fact that bird feathers contain no blue pigment. I’ve written about this before. It seems that blue birds, humming birds, blue jays, and etc. get their blue coloring from light color rather than pigment color. Not being one to accept these things just because smart people say it’s true; I performed my own scientific experiment. I took a bright blue primary flight feather from an unfortunate blue jay, which is now flying only in left turning circles, into a light tight bathroom. There I studied it carefully and noted the beautiful blue hue. I made sure that no outside light could get in and turned off the lights. Sure enough, there in the total darkness the color was gone… in fact the whole feather was gone.

Risky business:
            Yesterday, I was driving down highway 65 when I passed a woman with her neck stretched toward the mirror and she was putting on lipstick of all things. Let me tell you, I got all upset at the sight of her dabbing her puckered pout with that little Q-tip thingy. In fact, I became so unsettled that I spilled the eye drops I was using.





I'd like to discuss something serious for a moment, but unfortunately I have no experience with that, so I won't.


 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle

 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts


 

No comments:

Post a Comment