Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We hear what we hear:

          When I was just a tow headed little kid living in the middle of a cotton field, I remember my Granny telling me, “Go wash your neck and ears.” It was said as one word, “neckanears”, and I heard it as a different one word. What I heard was, “Go wash your neckedears.” Can you see the problem here? I figured that if my ears were naked then I would have to wash them, but if they were covered then they could remain dirty. That took place during WW II and all of us kids had those aviator caps with the goggles and earflaps. So when I thought it was getting close to ear washing time I put on my cap and pulled down the flaps – gotcha Granny. It didn’t work, I was tugged to the wash pan by a then neckedear and they were scrubbed for me – none too gently. It has never been easy to be me.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’….Now available JL Tate Texas Ranger
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment