Friday, February 19, 2016

The sounds of youth:

          Leaving a convenient store last week, I was behind two young girls of probable high school age. They were dressed in jeans which were quickly becoming shorter from having their cuffs scraped on the pavement. Both were wearing flip flops despite the 30 degree temperature. As I separated the sounds they made and eliminated their chatter. I heard scrape-scrape – floppity-floppity. But there was another sound as well; one of the girls was dragging her feet, so the sound was scrape-scrape – floppity-floppity – scrape- scrape – scuff-scuff. Suddenly, Floppity snapped at Scuff, “Will you stop dragging your feet? You’re driving me crazy!” It then became scrape-scrape – floppity – scrape – clomp –floppity – clomp – scrape – clomp. The rhythm was gone. The syncopation was lost, but I think I have a better understanding of the roots of Rap.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”



Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger….. and now…. Hell’s Gate
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment