Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Our changing language:

          I have found, as I’m sure that many of my friends of the Senior Persuasion have, that our use of certain words has changed. I’m not referring to the annoying new high tech words; I’m talking about the words we used to use, an example would be diaper. I haven’t used that word in who knows how long. To be more specific, I’m also referring to the rougher words that used to roll off the tongue so easily and unexpectedly. Oh some of the minor profanities are still around and often used, but so many of the vulgarities and obscenities have been deleted from our reference file. There is something just not right about hearing an 80-year-old man use certain 4 letter words. Of course, 80-year-old women will use them if someone yells Bingo, but that doesn’t count. There are some words that guys used and thought about often that I haven’t heard used in a sentence for decades. Maybe, like so many other things, we’ve just forgotten them.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger….. soon…. Hell’s Gate
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment