Monday, November 16, 2015

My First Black Eye:

            I got my first black eye in the fourth grade, it was all my fault, and memorable. In the St. Louis schools, you had to be a fighter or a runner and I was pretty slow afoot. I only intentionally picked one fight in my entire life, and this was it. I had watched this boy for weeks, and knew I could take him; we were evenly matched, but he was a clean-cut neatly dressed kid with glasses. I also wore glasses, but he wore them all the time. I pushed it until I was sure he would start running or swinging. He didn’t even take his glasses off just shot a left that put my butt on the asphalt and had stars popping all around – it was over. Then he had the unmitigated gall to bend down and ask if I was all right. I was looking for a hole to crawl into... I did, however, take a lot of pride in that shiner. 





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley…..Now Driftin’
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment