Friday, May 2, 2014

What is a Cob?

            I have always heard the terms corncob and cobwebs. I have never been able to put the 2 together. Mr. Webster tells us that a cob is a lump and a web is a net made of very thin thread by a poisoness spider. One of the nicest people I have ever known was born a Cobb; I can say for certain that she is neither a lump nor a spider. I believe she could give you a lump or two if you got on her wrong side, but I doubt that you would die if she bit you.



In the Far Distant Future:
Imaging that the year was 2508 and a team of archeologist was digging up the remains of Springfield, Missouri: specifically the pond area on the old Syler’s Golf Course. Think of the excitement when they found what must have been a communal brooding area of a highly intelligent species of reptile. They were so far advanced that they marked and labeled their eggs for identification. The scholars would marvel over eggs with markings that read Titelist 3, Callaway 2, Nike 4, and Top Flite 1.

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment