Friday, May 23, 2014

The Missouri Boot Heel:
            If you’re not familiar with it, I’m talking about that little piece of the Show Me state along the Mississippi River that extends down into Arkansas, for no apparent reason. Folks grow 2 things there; cotton and kids, and they grow a lot of each. I suspect the cotton has more value than the youngsters because they spend more time tending the cotton than the kids. Furthermore, kids are easier to get new ones started if the crop doesn’t turn out so good.
            If you think I’m boot heel bashing, you’re right, but I have a right to, since I was born there, started school there, and went back there for college. That sentence alone should give you some idea of my overall intelligence.
I received an email the other day from a former friend which stated:

The US Congress has voted to return the Missouri boot heel to Arkansas. The reason for this unprecedented move was because it will increase the IQ averages of both states by at least 40%.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment