Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Tree is a Tree is a Tree:

            I play golf every Wednesday with the same bunch of scoundrels, and I can deal with their superstitions, their foibles and their flaws. But I have trouble dealing with their lack of flora knowledge. I’m no expert in tree identification but I know the difference between an oak and an elm, and I can spot a dawn redwood or a weeping Cyprus. But these guys only know two trees. They can tell the difference (sometimes) between a conifer and a deciduous, especially in the fall. An evergreen is known as a cedar and one with leaves is known as an oak. I finally quit asking where my ball went because every time I would get the same answer, “It’s over there behind that cedar.”  



Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment