Monday, April 28, 2014

Squirrel War News:
            I have received some offensive aid from an unexpected source, which only confirms my resolve and my rightness. Mother Nature has provided me with a very large Great Horned Owl, which has taken up evening patrol in a large oak tree. I can see him arrive at about dusk and some movement in the pre-dawn hours. He/she is a thing of beauty to watch, for what little time (light) I can because you can’t hear it unless it calls. The owl feathers are silky and loose at the ends to diffuse the air in flight – stealth birds. Mom Nature has also given me a couple of Red Tailed Hawks, which are starting to show up over my field to watch for squirrels running in the open from various clumps of trees. I haven’t seen them score yet, but I know the owl is feasting. I have allies.

            This morning I saw 3 squirrels romping and gamboling in the treetops zooming around like one long unit. They stayed far enough out of range so that I couldn't get a shot with the pellet gun. I heard one of them say, “Hey, let’s go eat some more of that old guys truck.” One of the other ones said, ‘Nah, I’m gonna stay here and goose Clarence right out of this tree.” So the would be truck eater started toward the driveway, and then there were 2 squirrels romping and….



Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment