Tuesday, April 15, 2014


Cute little wild things:
Living out here in the forest I encounter a good number of wild critters, for instance yesterday the biggest doe I had ever seen ran through the yard. A deer is one thing and birds are another thing, but squirrels were invented by some evil spirit to give me grief. They are arrogant, sassy, and destructive. They must breed 22 times a year, and that would put a rabbit to shame. A squirrel is naturally a vegetarian, but like most vegans, they will cheat when no one is looking and eat something else like baby birds, wiring insulation, a few years ago one tried to eat my truck.

So I declared myself to be in a state of all out war with tree rats. I call it Squirrel War I. Now I sit on my deck with a loaded pellet gun hoping that they will come within range. The other evening after dinner, I picked up my weapon and my half finished beer and took up my position. It occurred to me that I had gone completely hillbilly with a gun in one hand and a beer in the other. It also occurred to me that I had the gun in my left hand, and I couldn't shoot left-handed. I was in a panic until I realized that I could however easily drink beer left-handed – just another one of those upper echelon decisions that have to be made in times of crisis.




Watch for it... Maybe tomorrow on Kindle

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…coming soon… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment