Monday, July 18, 2016

The Washington Post’s Loss is your gain:
The Washington Post has a number of reader contests every year. One in particular has caught my interest and for the past 5 years I have been trying to pass myself off as a reader, so I can enter. But for the past 5 years they have denied me an entry claiming I’m not a subscriber nor was I smart enough to read the Post…. Well I reckon both are true.

The competition in question is a word distortion thing. The rules (besides being a reader) are you take one or more words and distort them to come up with something completely different… the wackier the better.

For instance if I came up with the word… Coppermouthrattlemoccosin… that would be any snake my wife happened to see in our yard.
Or if I were to come up with a Trojanpony… that would be just a little trick… Well you get the idea.

The word I was going to send this year before they started blocking my emails is Peacharrhea …. That’s an uncomfortable but non-life threatening condition that seems to show up every year, when fresh fruit is readily available.



Life is much too important to be taken seriously




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger…..  Hell’s Gate…. And now…Arizona.
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw



No comments:

Post a Comment