Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Close encounter of the 4th of July kind:

As did thousands of people here in the Ozarks, my neighbor put on a fireworks display in his front yard. He chose his front yard because the rest of the property is either a pasture or wooded. We sat on our front porch and watched it all unfold… and it was quite a show, until one of those big boomers tipped over and sent a fireball sideways through our front yard at about 5 feet off the ground missing everything, but it continued down the road. I know it traveled over three hundred feet because that’s how wide my frontage is.

To make matters even more exciting, a car was coming down the next hill. It was one of those times when you can see something unfold, and there’s not a thing you can do about it.  I’m sure the driver of that little car was jamming on the brakes and saying words he never learned at his mother’s knee. The fireball hit the pavement and became airborne again before it exploded into a zillion stars well above the car.

I don’t know what kind of car that was, but it sat there for nearly a minute before it started backing slowly up the hill. I guess the driver’s destination didn’t seem important to him anymore. I could see the headlights for at least a quarter mile before it turned and went the other way.


There would be no way of knowing how many people were in that car, but I’d bet $10 there was at least one wet spot in the upholstery.





Don't miss the latest from Cain
available on Amazon Kindle





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger…..  Hell’s Gate…. And now…Arizona.
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment