Monday, July 11, 2016

Early Morning Drama:

I’m an early riser. I like to get outside close to daybreak because there’s generally no one to bug me, and I sometimes spook a deer or some other creature. This morning I opened the door and saw two rabbits going round and round my neighbor’s forsythia bush. I almost yelled for them to get a room, but then I saw two other things zipping about overhead.

Two peregrine falcons were buzzing the forsythia with intent to do breakfast. I’d never seen two falcons hunting together, but there they were. Soon the bunnies made a break for it. One went north and the other went east. The northbound bunny almost made it to the well house with some tricky maneuvers, but not tricky enough.

The eastbound bunny was a little more fortunate and found cover. I saw the number two peregrine make a number of passes, and I was amazed at the aerobatics. When in a full dive mode they can come in at almost a hundred miles an hour…. That’s like getting hit with a Randy Johnson fastball, if you remember that incident.


Finally, the hapless second falcon rose up and left the chase. He made a loop and shot through my trees cursing and swearing. I don’t know anything about air traffic control, but I’d swear he was on a direct line for the nearest I Hop and their pancake special…. Hey, breakfast is breakfast.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger…..  Hell’s Gate…. And now…Arizona.
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment