Friday, July 8, 2016

Family matters:
When a couple gets married, they unwittingly marry the whole shebang. In some cases that can be an overwhelming adventure. You think about how simple it should be… you gain a few in-laws, and you already know them fairly well… sort of. But then, up pops Uncle Felix and Great Aunt Ninny, and then you try to explain that Aunt Ninny really isn’t your aunt but your third cousin. And who knows what Uncle Felix is…. he’ll be out in about 8 years and we’ll ask him.

My lovely wife’s family was easy. They came from Poland in the early 20th Century, and many could still speak the language. They were not without some strange characters, but an uncle was an uncle and a cousin was just that. Of course I couldn’t pronounce any of the surnames, but that was okay.

My family on the other hand arrived in the mid 1600s from England, and with the state of disfavor the Bradshaw name was in… some were surely on the run. That gave them about 350 years to really get things screwed up. So when I tell my son that Aunt Ethel isn’t really his aunt but his Great Uncle, who was named “Aunt Ethel”. I get that look that says, “Am I supposed to get this?”


I’m relatively certain that my family was the inspiration for Abbott and Costello’s “Who’s on First” routine.






Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger…..  Hell’s Gate…. And now…Arizona.
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment