Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Watching out for the Kinfolk:
            A couple of weeks ago, I was on my way home from some legitimate late night business, when I approached a stop sign. Normally at that time of night, I would slow down and make a tiny little almost stop and go on. But this time there was a pickup sitting there with its lights on, engine running, and left turn signal flashing. So I pulled up to a complete stop behind it and impatiently drummed on the steering wheel waiting.
            After a few seconds, I realized that truck wasn’t interested in going anywhere, so I started to mash on my horn when I saw the Richard Nixon bumper sticker on the tailgate. Uncle Ed had the last one in existence, and he must have fallen asleep again, So I got out of the car and walked up to the door. To my surprise he was wide awake and staring at the stop sign. He was obviously on his way home from the Beer Bucket Saloon.
            “Uncle Ed,” I said, “what are you doin’ sittin’ here at one thirty in the mornin’?”

            He turned and looked at me like I was the village idiot and said, “Lee Roy…” he always calls me Lee Roy. “You just get dumber by the day… any fool can see, I’m waitin’ for the sign to change.” I turned around and went another way.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger….. and now…. Hell’s Gate
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment