Monday, April 4, 2016

Spoon Fed but Still Can’t Swallow
Some years ago there was a fella I saw nearly every day, who thought he was a comic. He had a fresh supply of jokes to tell every day. The problem was we had all heard them the night before on the late show. He knew I’d made a few bucks doing cartoon work, and he wanted me to tell him how he could make some money with his humor. The boy never had an original thought in his life, but I decided to give him some encouragement.

I told him about the Radio D J market, which basically supplies gags to radio D Js. I came up with a number of gags to get him started, and I looked up some companies to send his work to. I told him to change them as he saw fit and send them off to one of those companies.

His first reaction was, “What if they steal my stuff?”  HIS stuff?  I was giving him the material and all he had to do was address the envelope and put a stamp on it, but I let that go and assured him they wouldn’t do that…. To make a long story short, he never pursued his dream of being thought funny…. Remember if you never try… you’ll never fly.

Here is the list I gave him… I figured there should be at least 10 bucks in there. Remember these are for D Js in the 90s.

·       The boss just hired 2 new secretaries this week… his is named Tiffany… mine goes by George. But at least George can type.

·       The boss’s secretary looks great and smells delicious… George keeps his mustache trimmed.
·       Don’t worry, I can say whatever I want. The boss never listens to this station.

·       Hey Gang, I just got an award from the West Side Garden Club… I’m the new Slug of the Month. They love me out there.

·       I just finished a great book… That’s one.

·       Things are happening so fast in Eastern Europe, I don’t recognize any of the new country names… actually I didn’t know any of the old names.

·       My girlfriend, Fifi, uses a super slick lip gloss. I went to kiss her last night and slid right into her father’s fist.

·       The boss, Simon la Greedy, thinks he can run this place without me… Just wait till he has to empty his own waste can.

·       Bill, the new guy’s taste in women is getting better, this one actually has a work address instead of just “the corner of 12th and Monroe.”

·       Losing hair is like losing old friends… My entire high school class was in my shower drain this morning.

·       The boss tries to keep up with the latest in fashion… and doesn’t he look fine in those elephant bells.

·       I had a session with the company shrink the other day… And I’d like to know, what kind of professional jargon is..... “Terminally Whacko”?


·       Being a professional radio disk jockey should command more respect… My mother tells all her friends, I’m doing 5 to 10 in Attica.  




Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger….. and now…. Hell’s Gate
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw





No comments:

Post a Comment