Friday, April 1, 2016

Keeping Up Appearances:
There are a few things that I can do well. And there are many things that I really can’t do with any amount of skill or expertise. Then there are a number of things that I really stink at, but I look good doing them. I play a good deal of golf, sometimes 3 or more times a week. If the truth be known, I’m not great, but I really look gooood doing it. My playing partners will tell me something like, “You sliced it way right into the trees.” To which I’ll reply, “Yeah, but how did I look on my follow through?” Then they will all hold up cards ranging from 1 through 10. I figure that at my age and flexibility, an 8.5 is good.
          Years ago, Avon and I were bowling, and of course I was putting more style than English into my delivery. A woman from the far end of the bowling alley came walking our way. She came up behind our score table, brazenly craned her neck to see the sheet, then stood up and said, “Humph! I thought he was a lot better than that.” I was thrilled with that. My motto has always been, You’re only as good as you’re perceived to be.







Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger….. and now…. Hell’s Gate
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment