Friday, April 8, 2016

The Evolution of a Dumb Thinker:
All my life, I have been plagued by dumb thinking. I don’t mean to imply that my thoughts were mute, and I couldn’t hear them…. How would I know I was even thinking? But I do mean to imply that my thoughts ran contrary to conventional wisdom. Many of those random thoughts were simply uttered out loud and bounced off ears that had been imbued with the afore mentioned conventional wisdom. But they also bounced off the walls and would find a home in some receptive minds.
I found that often caused a turning up of the corners of mouths, sometimes I heard a chuckle, and on occasion a guffaw could be heard. The problem I faced was those dumb thoughts were fleeting and almost impossible to resurrect from the jumble that is my mind. About 40 years ago, I started writing those thoughts down, with the promise that I would organize them someday. I soon had a box full of scraps of paper. I would grab whatever I could find to write on. There were snippets scrawled on envelopes, napkins, receipts, pieces of scrap wood, and of course toilet paper.
That box soon became a refrigerator carton. After more than 2  ½ years and nearly 600 posts, that refrigerator carton is empty…. I guess the well has run dry. I’m going to keep the site open for anyone to peruse the archives and will from time to time add a post. But for all intense and purposes….


That’s All Folks!

3 comments: