Thursday, March 3, 2016


On the Beach    Part 3   Alabama coast 
          At end of our week in Alabama, a wondrous thing happened. It became the weekend, which happens almost every week I’m told, but also the weather became unseasonably warm. That was the signal for all the folks in Mobile to pour out of their offices, shops, and schools to head for the beaches. The previously almost deserted beaches were suddenly filled with folks having fun. Volleyball nets magically grew out of the sand and activity in every direction. There were string bikinis stuffed with young ladies enjoying temperatures in the 80s, whereas all week the swimwear had been stuffed with ladies in their 80s, who didn’t seem to be enjoying anything. Everyone seemed to know everyone else because they were all shouting, “Hawyall?”, which I took to be a question from their tone. The other folks seemed to understand it because they would yell it right back at them, and say some other stuff that I couldn’t make heads nor tails of.

          The fun wasn’t limited to the beaches. There was plenty of it out on the fairways and greens. There was one particular course that I had played about 10 years earlier. At that time, I shanked a ball left to the edge of the water on a par 3 hole. When I went to find the ball and reached down to get it out of the mud, I saw that a six-foot long alligator a few feet away also had an interest in my ball. I figured that his interests were stronger than mine and backed away quickly. This time, when I came to that same tee, I took my ball and threw it as far to the right as I could. I took a double bogie, but I still had both my hands.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger….. soon…. Hell’s Gate
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment