Monday, August 8, 2016



Guest Blogger for today

Crusty Old Dusty.


            My old sidekick Lou and his lovely misses Avon are off on another honeymoon trip…I reckon he didn’t get it right 51 years ago. Anyway, he asked me to kinda come over and feed Bob…. Crusty old Midnight Bob that is. Bob is a scrawny old black tomcat that stopped by the place a bunch of years ago lookin’ for a handout. Well the ol’ skudder just kept coming back. Lou can pet him but only on Bob’s terms, which usually includes a strip of bacon. But there ain’t nobody else can touch him.
            Now Bob’s a longtime hunter and keeps the mice, chip monks, and snakes at bay, so it kinder works out for both of them, unless someone happens to step on him in the dark… ‘cause Lord knows you can’t see him there layin’ on the porch. And he wouldn’t come inside if it was thirty below and 6 feet of snow outside. Lou said he wouldn’t come inside, unless he signed over the deed to the place, and Avon wouldn’t go for that.
            So I come over to the place, and I was just standin’ there watchin’ ol’ Bob eatin’ his kibbles and grits…. Bob favors grits and an occasional pork chop. But a neighbor complained that Bob was tryin’ to tree his 400 pound boar hog. So Lou cut out the pork chops. Anyway, it was rainin’ and I was standin’ there watchin’ him eat, when a young jackrabbit come boundin’ into Bob’s line of sight.
            Now Bob don’t care a whole lot for water, other than to drink it. So he watches that jackrabbit, and the jackrabbit froze and was lookin’ at him. Bob looked at him then he looked at me, as if to say… “Well?” I looked at ol’ Bob, I looked at that jackrabbit, I looked at the rain, and I looked at my old rundown boots and said, “What?”


            My boots should be dry by the time Lou and the missus get home. He’s gonna owe me. 


Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”


Now on Amazon Kindle




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger…..  Hell’s Gate…. Arizona….and now…..Texas War Lord
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

1 comment: