Sunday, August 21, 2016

Food and the Taste of it:
I’ve found through the years that our (my) tastes have changed greatly. There was a time when meat was only cooked one way… it was fried to death. It started as something pink or red or white. It was soft and somewhat floppy. But when it was ready for the table it was dark brown bordering on black. I could never figure out why you’d put a piece of meat into a frying pan full of grease and then cook all the grease out of it, so what you had left was a frying pan full of grease and a hockey puck stuck to the bottom. 

I never saw anything but a wood burning cook stove until I was 7, so I’m sure lack of temperature control had to have something to do with some of that. That’s just the way things were back in the day. That’s how things were cooked and that’s how my tastes developed. It took me a long time to learn the truth that charred morsels were not vitamins, nor would they make my hair curly. I was pretty naïve back in those days.


Little by little my tastes have changed, but I still don’t have many who are eager to come over for a cookout especially if I’m doing the cookouting. Now, I still haven’t even given things like sushi and raw oysters the time of day, but I will allow a little pink to show up in a piece of beef.    





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther  Cain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley….. Driftin’…. JL Tate Texas Ranger…..  Hell’s Gate…. Arizona….and now…..Texas War Lord
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw
  

No comments:

Post a Comment